76 year old man safe after missing in the woods for 2 nights

    Wednesday, 7 June 2023 13:58

    By Tonya Organ

    RCMP say a privately employed helicopter located the man and he was safely removed and is said to be in good health. 

    A missing 76-year-old man was safely located this morning after extensive search efforts by a number of resources.  RCMP say the man had been fishing with a family member at a pond near Hawk’s Hill. Police say he spent two nights stranded in the woods in the heavy fog on Monday evening. RCMP say a privately employed helicopter located the man and he was safely removed and is said to be in good health.  He was assessed by paramedics at the scene.

     

    To report an error, submit a news tip, or provide feedback, please e-mail news@bayfm.ca or call (709) 637-0183.

    More from Local News

     

     

     

    BayFM recognizes support from the following agencies:

                        

    Today's Weather

    • Corner Brook

      Low-level cloud

      High: 1°C | Low: -10°C

    • Deer Lake

      Low-level cloud

      High: 2°C | Low: -10°C

    • Stephenville

      Sunny intervals

      High: 2°C | Low: -6°C

    Recently Played

    Podcasts

    • Center Stage with Stella

      Center Stage with Stella

      Center Stage with Stella, February 12, 2026

    • BayFM On-Demand

      Trash Talk Thursday , February 12, 2026

      Today we learn about plastics

    • The Plain Truth

      The Plain Truth, Wednesday February 11, 2026

      Paula Sheppard’s guest this week is Dan Meades, Provincial Coordinator for the Transiton House Association of NL.